Benefit Cosmetics - Accounts Assistant
Role Overview – Report and forecast the Balance Sheet and Cashflow statement. Take responsibility for Banking and Treasury Management. Manage all aspects of Fixed Asset processing and reporting. Control and maintain the General Ledger to ensure the accuracy of data. Assist with the management of the internal control environment.
Please note this is a Fixed Term position.
Banking & Treasury Management
• Report cash balances and monthly flow analysis via the group reporting tool.
• Reconcile bank accounts in both Sterling and Euros.
• Monitor cash pooling accounts.
• Maintain the banking systems in accordance with the authorised mandate.
• Keep procedures up to date and ensure they are complied with.
• Maintain the fixed asset register. Run depreciation, dispose of assets and reconcile the register to the general ledger on a monthly basis.
• Ensure fixed assets are capitalised in a timely manner.
• Consolidate budgeted CAPEX and forecast associated depreciation charges.
• Maintain CAPEX tracker and analyse actual expenditure verses budget.
• Compile documents for year-end audit and liaise with auditors during their visit.
• Prepare VAT and Intrastat returns for submission.
• Submit the balance sheet and supporting schedules to our parent company via the group reporting package on a quarterly basis.
General Ledger Control
• Review and post journals provided by Accounting and Finance.
• Complete allocated balance sheet reconciliations at month end.
• Collate and review all balance sheet reconciliations.
Assisting with other projects within the accounting department
• Assisting with the maintenance of trackers for staffing costs, brow bar revenue and promotional activities
• Assisting with obtaining supporting documentation for high volumes of customer deductions and validating before processing
• Assisting with adhoc projects as required in the General Ledger, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable areas.
• Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role.
• Experience of preparing Bank reconciliations.
• Experience of VAT returns and knowledge of Intrastat.
• Experience of Fixed Asset Management.
• AAT/ ACCA active studier.
• Intermediate Excel skills.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure.
• Strategic Agility – an understanding of how processes affect all team members and the foresight to see how new issues will affect reporting requirements.
• Drive for Results – the determination, focus and persistence to investigate and satisfactorily resolve all discrepancies. The focus to complete all tasks in line with company deadlines.
• Dealing with Ambiguity – the ability to cope effectively with a dynamic and evolving environment and deal with last minute requests.
• Customer focus – to respond to requests for information in a timely manner providing clear and concise information in a user friendly format.