Collections Specialist - Asset Finance
Are passionate about collections and asset finance? Do you have a keen eye for detail? Are you able to deliver difficult messages whilst maintain excellent customer relations? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the Collections Specialist – Asset Finance, you will be key in the delivery of amazing service as part of a growing team in strong partnership with the Credit and Commercial teams. You will provide guidance around the early identification and management of customers demonstrating signs of deterioration.
So what would you be doing?...
• Engaging with customers where signs of deterioration in lending are evident, with appropriate ongoing management of asset finance cases across the portfolio
• Making sure appropriate cost-effective strategies in place and are reviewed regularly in conjunction with the Head of Business & Credit Support
• Protecting and maximising recoveries in situations where the Bank’s commercial lending is evidencing signs of distress
• Undertaking detailed background analysis on customers and lending
• Utilising a wide variety of information sources to assist in formulating recovery strategies
• Preparing important Bank documentation to a high standard where Metro Bank may have to rely on these documents in a formal recovery scenario
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• You must understand how to deliver difficult messages to customers, communicating clearly and treating them fairly at all times
• In order to exceed in this role, you must understand the importance of accurate information and data in all such situations
• Ideally, you will have a good understanding of the recovery process from early arrears through to contract termination, recovery and disposal of assets
• It would be amazing if you had experience of collections or recoveries in the Asset Finance or financial services sector
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!