An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced ladieswear buyer to join the Buying team at Cotton Traders.
As a Buyer for Cotton Traders you will take sole responsibility, from scratch, for the product design and development of the range for your area. You will work to ensure that the final range both meets the customer’s needs and is highly profitable for the business. You should be highly organised and analytical with exceptional communication skills and a keen eye for detail.
If you are a strong negotiator, decisive, passionate about product, enjoy working collaboratively and possess relevant home shopping and retail experience, we would love to hear from you.
• Full responsibility for the product design and development of the ladieswear range.
• Working to source the best products at the best prices using confident negotiations in
order to achieve and exceed the set margin targets.
• Managing existing supplier relationships as well as developing new ones through
effective sourcing and buying trips abroad.
• Taking part in regular review meetings to ensure the critical path is followed through.
• Completing regular competitor visits in order to ensure you stay ahead of what key
competitors are doing.
• Actively training and developing more junior members within the team.
The Successful Candidate will:
• Currently be working as an established Ladieswear Buyer for a reputable multi clothing
retailer, covering both Home Shopping and Retail.
• Have at least 3 years experience as a Buyer with sole responsibility for your own
• Natural ability to identify future fashion trends and a real passion for product.
• Be confident when working with suppliers to negotiate the best prices.
• Experience of travelling overseas, mainly the Far East for supplier and development
• Have an in-depth knowledge of the current market.
• Confident leader, with previous management experience, and enjoy working as part of
a hands on and motivated team.
In return, we offer an excellent working environment and great benefits including:
• 25 days holiday rising to 30 days plus bank holidays.
• Holiday purchase scheme
• 50% Staff Discount
• Company car or car allowance
• Private health care
• Free parking
• Opportunities to travel overseas
• Development towards a progressive career
• Team away days