Big Yellow Self Storage is the UK’s leading brand in self-storage with annual revenue exceeding £125 million and a market capitalisation of £1.7 billion. Our network of 99 stores, with a further 12 in the pipeline, provides the highest quality storage facilities with unrivalled customer service for homes and businesses. We are the driving force behind modern self-storage. Our stores use state-of-the-art technology to provide the highest levels of security and we have an unwavering focus on customer service, receiving high scoring customer reviews with over 35,000 reviews on Trustpilot, Google and our ‘Big Impressions’ program.
Company culture and employee engagement is very important to us. We are proud to be one of the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For, a survey based entirely on the views of our employees.
Community and sustainability are also very important to us. Sustainability is embedded in everything we do, from our commitment to reducing carbon intensity (which has reduced by 55% in the last 5 years) to our charity work. In 2018 we launched the Big Yellow Foundation, working with charity partners supporting vulnerable people to find employment and create a brighter future for themselves. Last year we raised £160,000 from customer donations, employee fundraising events and Company donations to the Foundation.
Due to continued expansion of the business, we have an exciting new opportunity for a Management Accountant to take responsibility for the production of management accounts for two UK companies, support the department with the production of operational reports and support stores with accounting queries.
• To prepare management accounts for two associated companies, including calculation of deferred income, accruals, prepayments and other accounting adjustments, conduct variance analysis and provide commentary
• To review capital expenditure entries, and maintain the fixed assets register and depreciation for all companies
• To prepare monthly budget packs for Department Heads, and meet with department heads to discuss variances and reporting requirements
• To reconcile inter-company and control accounts monthly
• To assist with the preparation of annual and interim audits and support he Group Financial Accountant with the production of statutory accounts
Key Experience Required:
The role will suit a part-qualified accounting professional who is working towards completing the CIMA or ACCA qualification, with a track record of first time passes. You will need to demonstrate experience in or a good understanding of accounting concepts and knowledge of Excel.
Rewards & Benefits of the role:
• Competitive salary per annum depending on experience and progress through professional examinations
• Bonus scheme
• Company Pension Scheme
• Company Sharesave Scheme
• 28 days annual leave (Additional day for Birthdays)
The hours will be Monday to Friday 9.00am-5.30pm and will be based at our Head Office in Bagshot, however some travel to stores will be required in order to enhance operational understanding