Mortgage Arrears Manager - (Flexible Location)
Do you have a passion for enhancing operational performance? Can you deliver fair and consistent outcomes for customers? Would you like to work for a Bank that is revolutionising the industry? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the Mortgage Arrears Manager, you will be part of the Lending Operations Management team. You will be responsible for our end to end approach to mortgage customers in financial distress and making sure we meet our regulatory requirements. As part of your role, you will work closely with Mortgage Oversight Manager.
So what will you be doing?...
• Managing the day to day oversight of our third party services to make sure all customer arrears are managed compliantly, fairly and efficiently
• Building out the end to end processes to be efficient and compliant, making sure the relevant layers of governance and oversight are considered
• Working with Operational Risk, Compliance and Audit teams to facilitate second line reviews and address any actions
• Working strategically within Mortgage Operations to constantly identify methods to streamline processes whilst delivering a fantastic customer experience
• Providing timely and accurate reporting of our third party supplier arrears data and performance to regulatory bodies
• Working with Credit Risk and Operational teams to improve policies and current practices as well designing new one where needed
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• We need you to have experience working as a Mortgages Arrears Manager in a financial services organisation or a third party supplier
• To be amazing in this role, you will sake sure strict adherence to all regulations, including Conduct Risk, so that fair outcomes are embedded as business as usual
• You will have significant experience in end to end arrears and litigation processes for regulated retail mortgages and unregulated Buy To Let mortgages
• You’ll have previous experience leading a team and making sure the level of service customers receive is the best it could be
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!