The most common stereotype we hear about using a recruitment agency for you job search is “Surely it’s quicker for me to just apply myself?”
Well, we’re here to give you the reasons that’ll hopefully change your mind!
- It is completely free to use a recruitment agency for your job search.
- Recruiters save you time. They will search for the jobs relevant to you and a first stage interview with them means you can skip that stage with the companies you are put forward for.
- They will help you through the entire process. They want you to succeed, after all, they want to succeed in filling their clients vacancies, so they will coach you through the entire process
- The good recruitment agencies will stay in touch with you as long as you want them to (and keep returning their calls). Too often we hear candidates applying for jobs and not hearing back. A good recruitment agency will stay in touch providing insights and support even if they are not actively working a role with one of their clients.
- Agencies can also give you valuable insights about your chosen sector of work. These pieces of information can be valuable at interview.
- You will get support with interview guidance and tips throughout the process to help you from your dedicated recruiter. The relationships we have with clients here at RHR go back many years, meaning we’ve got the expertise and know-how to guide you through the process.
- RHR specifically (yes we had to talk about ourselves) are connected to a job board so we access to information that other agencies may not have such as benchmarking your salary and access to the newest jobs on the market
- Our recruiters are experts at what they do… They place candidates in great jobs for a living! So why not leave the hard work up to them?
- Having a recruiter represent you means you will have that edge against your competition
- At RHR you will get feedback from the interview which will help understand any areas where more preparation is needed to come across as well as you can during the interview
- An agency will have access to jobs that are not able to be advertised online because they are confidential. Some roles are only placed with a recruitment agency.
- Negotiating a salary can be a bit daunting so a recruiter will be able to use their expert skills to negotiate on your behalf.
- You will receive advice when handing your notice in and getting through your exit interview. You will also have ongoing contact when navigating your notice period and how to make sure you leave your current employer in the right way
- Finally you will get support with your initial on-boarding with a company. It can be scary getting to know a new team and immersing yourself into a new business. We’re here to help.
Ultimately, as a job seeker, working with a recruitment agency opens up a lot more doors than going in alone. You’ll save yourself a lot of time, stress, and energy as recruiters do the heavy-lifting to match you with the right job.