We hope you are all well during these uncertain times. Although some roles are on hold due to COVID-19, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll endeavour to get you registered for future roles!
- How does a packaging technologist role differ from a textile technologist role?
A packing technologist designs and develops packaging materials for all types of products including food and drink, toiletries, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, household cleaning agents and many products used in industry and manufacturing. A feature of the packaging technologist's job involves considering the technical, commercial, legal and environmental aspects of any packaging material.
Typical work activities include:
- Responding to a brief that specifies the requirements packaging must meet (e.g. product presentation, identification and labelling, convenience, function, etc).
- Working out how much packaging will cost and what costs it will add to the final product.
- Considering what might affect a product, e.g. its fragility, how it responds to light, exposure to moisture or temperature change, and how packaging must take account of these aspects .
- Testing and weighing materials in a laboratory.
- Arranging production trials to test and evaluate packaging until a satisfactory result is achieved .
- Liaising with suppliers to ensure the supply of suitable raw materials .
- Working closely with graphic designers and marketing specialists to ensure that the final look of the packaging is taken into account.
- Monitoring quality control tests.
- Consulting with production engineers and other technical staff.
- Taking into account environmental considerations, such as biodegradability or recycling opportunities.
If you would like to speak to someone about applying for a packaging technologist job or for a complete list of our nationwide packaging technologist jobs, please
get in contact!
With many of the UK's top retailers as clients, we are in the best position to help you in your retail career. We find out when vacancies arise sooner than anyone else, and we invest a great deal of time in meeting all candidates face-to-face to ensure we understand exactly what they are looking for.job seekers
Using the largest retail candidate database in the UK, RHR can provide you with superior candidates to fulfil any retail recruitment needs. We can cater for any recruitment campaign, whether large or small and across all areas from Retail Operations through to Wholesale Technical & Design.recruiters